Mifepristone Pills for Abortion or Miscarriage
— Used before misoprostol, a 25% higher rate of complete expulsion
Women treated with mifepristone followed by misoprostol after a first-term pregnancy loss had a higher rate of complete expulsion and less frequent rates of uterine aspiration compared with misoprostol treatment alone, a randomized trial found. Buy abortion pill Texas for safe and easy abortion at home.
WHAT IS MIFEPRISTONE AND HOW DOES IT WORK?
Mifepristone is a synthetic steroid. The Mifeprex brand of mifepristone is indicated for the medical termination of intrauterine pregnancy through 70 days gestation in combination with misoprostol.
The Korlym brand of mifepristone is indicated to control hyperglycemia secondary to hypercortisolism in adults with endogenous Cushing syndrome who have type 2 diabetes mellitus or glucose intolerance and have failed surgery or are not candidates for surgery.
Mifepristone is available under the following different brand names: Mifeprex, Korlym, and RU486.
- Mifeprex: Indicated for the medical termination of intrauterine pregnancy through 70 days gestation in combination with misoprostol
- Day 1: 200 mg of mifepristone orally as a single dose under physician supervision
- Days 2-3: 800 mcg of misoprostol in the cheek (buccally) once as a single dose; must be administered a minimum of 24 hours and a maximum of 48 hours following mifepristone dose on day 1 (see Administration)
- Days 7-14
- Must return for a follow-up visit to confirm complete termination has occurred by medical history, clinical examination, hCG testing, or ultrasonographic scan
- If complete expulsion has not occurred, but the pregnancy is not ongoing, women may be treated with another dose of misoprostol 800 mcg in the cheek (buccally) with follow-up in approximately 7 days
- Lack of bleeding following treatment usually indicates failure; however, prolonged or heavy bleeding is not proof of a complete abortion
- Surgical evacuation is recommended to manage ongoing pregnancies after medical abortion.
WHAT ARE SIDE EFFECTS ASSOCIATED WITH USING MIFEPRISTONE?
There are no known side effects of mifepristone.
Common side effects of mifepristone (Mifeprex) include:
- Abdominal cramping
- Allergic reactions such as the closing of the throat, swelling of the lips, and tongue, or face
- Back pain
- Decreased hemoglobin greater than 2 g/dL
- Leg pain
- Pelvic pain
- Stomach pain
- Tired feeling
- Uterine bleeding
- Uterine cramping
- Vaginal discharge
- Viral infection
Common side effects of mifepristone (Korlym) include:
- Abdominal/stomach pain
- Abnormal thyroid function test
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding
- Adrenal insufficiency
- Back pain
- Decreased appetite
- Dry mouth
- Endometrial hypertrophy
- Extremity pain
- Feeling unwell (malaise)
- Gastroesophageal reflux (GERD)
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Increased triglycerides
- Joint pain
- Lack of energy
- Loss of appetite
- Low blood potassium (hypokalemia)
- Low blood sugar (hypoglycemia)
- Low potassium levels
- Muscle pain
- Muscle weakness
- Musculoskeletal chest pain
- Potential for heart conduction abnormalities
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Shortness of breath
- Side (flank) pain
- Sleep problems (insomnia)
- Sore throat
- Swelling (edema, pitting edema)
- Swelling of extremities
Postmarketing side effects of mifepristone reported include:
- Skin swelling
This document does not contain all possible side effects and others may occur. Check with your physician for additional information about side effects. Buy mtp kit online in USA, Germany with next day delivery.
Buy Abortion pill Las Vegas – safe and generic abortion pill to terminate unwanted pregnancy up to 10 weeks of gestation. Now buy Mifegyne (abortion pills) in Holland, Germany with overnight shipping.